Welcome to COMFORT where we offer MKU MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
COVID-19 or coronavirus is devastating. It has led to a drastic shut-down of all life-supporting systems of human society. It continues to claim lives and it is a global war on humanity and human institutions. It has led to forms of divisions in the society. Some are thought to have recklessly caused its spread, others blame themselves for imaginary things they did or did not do and so intense are the feelings that they need urgent counselling services. Others are diagnosed positive and are bitter that so and so carelessly inflicted them; others are forced into total lockdown without any food or medicine for a pre-existing medical condition. The list of COVID-19 directly and indirectly related calamities, devastation and atrocities is, indeed, endless! What mankind needs and needs this urgently is A MENTAL HEALTH INTERVENTION, may be via a simple a message to soothe, to pacify and to console. There are thousands of heartbreaking messages on social-media, but also the situation on the ground is equally bad. In other words, the MENTAL HEALTH PLATFORM is urgently needed to heal the bruises that continue to be experienced by everyone on daily bases. Thus, the proposed PLATFORM headquartered at MKU shall provide to the global community and to persons of all ages, ethnic and denominational backgrounds, of all social economic status the much needed solace and mental health.
This comes as a response to the devastations being experienced as the world progressively gets locked down by COVID 19. Scholars at Mount Kenya University have found an urgent to establish A PLATFORM that will initially work online due to COVID-19 related challenges. However, later on when the situation allows, the use of face to face support systems will be offered to restore peace and mental health against COVID-19 related challenges within the communities.
To be a model comfort platform for mental and psychological support in managing Covid-19 related Psy-Social challenges.
To create a platform for promoting peace of mind, forgiveness, support, and solace in the society through collaborative strategic partnerships
- To contribute towards policy development and implementation with a focus on restoration of peace and mental health against COVID19 related challenges within the communities.
- To establish strategic partnerships and networks among scholars, policy makers and other stakeholders on restoration of peace and mental health against COVID19 related challenges.
- To undertake collaborative research on restoration of peace and mental health against COVID19 related challenges within the communities.
- To organize virtual conferences related to restoration of peace and mental health against COVID19 related challenges within the communities.
- To disseminate information that will lead to restoration of peace and mental health against COVID19 related challenges within the communities.
The headquarters of THE PLATFORM shall Mount Kenya University, Thika, Kenya.