MKU hosts a delegation from the University of the West of Scotland (UWS) and Lincoln University of Business Management (LUBM)
Mount Kenya University hosted two guests from the University of the West of Scotland (UWS) and Lincoln University of Business Management (LUBM) on Friday, 30th September 2022. The two were Qureshi Ahmad, the Regional Director, UWS International Centre and Meghavi Banerjee, Vice-Chancellor Academics of Lincoln University of Business Management in United Arab Emirates (Dubai) who are a close partner with UWS. The discussion between the visiting delegates and MKU team touched on possible areas of partnership namely:
- Partnering to make MKU a delivery hub for UWS courses subject to the other consideration.
- Offering compressed affordable UWS bachelor programs at MKU on a Twinned basis.
- Joint supervision of postgraduate students
- Joint scholarship fundraising
- Delivery of MKU programs by LUBM in UAE
The visiting delegates held a meeting with a team of MKU staff who represented the various University Process owners as follows:
- Prof. Peter Wanderi – Principal, Corporate Services & Communication
- Dr. Henry Yatich – Ag. Principal, College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Purity Thuo – Deputy Dean of Students
- Dr. Solomon Mwaniki – Deputy Registrar Academic Administration
- Dr. Martin Onsiro – Deputy Director, Graduate Studies
- Fiona Oyatsi – MKU Foundation
UWS and MKU has enjoyed a cordial relationship for the last five years especially given the fact that, the Chancellor of the University, Prof. John J. Stuthers is Professor at University of the West of Scotland(UWS). A students and staff exchange program between MKU and UWS is on discussion.
- That available low-lying fruits could be picked up as a priority but within the Policies of the respective Universities.
- That the two Universities will be invited to join MKU’s 8th International Interdisciplinary and Inter-universities Consortium – Africa in March 2023.
- Other areas of engagement on Curricula matters will be channeled through the relevant divisions.